Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cast not away therefore your confidence

"There is a lesson in the Prophet Joseph Smith's account of the First Vision that virtually everyone in this audience has had occasion to experience, or one day soon will. It is the plain and very sobering truth that before great moments, certainly before great spiritual moments, there can come adversity, opposition, and darkness. Life has some of those moments for us, and occasionally they come just as we are approaching an important decision or a significant step in our life. 

*           *          *

(Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. [Hebrews 10:35–36])" 



This talk is one I would highly reccomend reading. It is amazing and it is beautiful! It is just a great reminder to keep your head up and to move forward with faith. 
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, right? That saying means so much more to me now.
:)
I just love the gospel so so so much! I am really really really thinking about a mission and I would love to serve. But before I make any decisions, I have to figure out my school plans first. No worries, I'll let you know what's up when I figure it all out.

As for life, it is GREAT! I heard from Elder McAllister this morning when I received an email from him and oh I can't even describe how happy it makes me knowing that he is serving the Lord and preparing to share the good news with others! Joy fills my soul!
This is a pic on the day of his farewell. It is particularly great because of his older brother pulling that face in the background. Ha he's funny.
Anyways, I suggest you try sending your love to someone this week! Seriously, it will make their day... I just know it. And you know what else? Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them because you never know if you'll have another chance.
 Love,
Kate

ps. bike rides are my fav!!! I spent the afternoon with my best friend chatting about the thoughts of our hearts today. We rode around Richfield, made our way to the Lions Park where we had a picnic and ate our lunch, and then eventually made it back home after soaking up some sun. Check out a couple pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment